About Van Sports & Physiotherapy
Is providing the highest quality of care in a professional and friendly environment. Working together to determine your current level of function and expected goals and set out a plan to obtain them. With our knowledge and your commitment together we can “get you back to your game” safely and with the knowledge of good physical health.
Will assess and determine the cause of your injury and prescribe proper exercise programs and treatments. Working with you one on one, our goal is to “get you back to your game” more confident and physically fit to prevent recurring injuries.
Are very important to us and our community, by making our clients stronger we make our community stronger. We believe that everyone can improve their physical health from professional athletes to office workers to couch athletes. We know our clients come from all walks of life and our experienced physiotherapists will develop an exercise program to fit your lifestyle.
Van Sports and Physiotherapy Clinic COVID-19 Response Info
Van Sports and Physiotherapy Clinic ‘COVID-19 specific policy and procedure’ includes measures we are actively taking to mitigate the spread of coronavirus. Our staff are required to follow all these rules diligently, to sustain a healthy and safe workplace in this unique environment. It’s important that we all respond responsibly and transparently to these health precautions. We assure you that we will always treat your private health and personal data with high confidentiality and sensitivity. As the COVID-19 outbreak is an evolving situation, our policy & procedure document and the guidance within is subject to change and will be updated as appropriate.
This coronavirus (COVID-19) company policy is susceptible to changes with the introduction of additional governmental guidelines and follows guidelines set out by WorksafeBC and College of Physical Therapist of British Columbia (CPTBC).
- if anyone exhibits COVID symptoms, staff or client should NOT come to the clinic.
- Prior to returning to work – Staff are required to have a negative COVID test or MD note indicating they are safe to return to work.
- Clients : will be offered Virtual online appointments where appropriate and can return to the Clinic when their symptoms resolve or have a negative COVID test or note from MD confirming they do not have COVID-19.
- staff are required to complete COVID-screen every day with a work shift, prior to starting shift
- clients : self-screen (questions in email – appointment confirmation & reminder emails), at start of session with Therapist
- Staff are required to wash hands for 20 seconds with soap & water, following direct interaction with clients / staff and upon entering the clinic.
- Clients are required to use Hand sanitizer at front desk or use the sink to wash hands with soap & water.
Cleaning & Disinfecting
- strict cleaning & disinfecting following usage by each individual with a disinfectant with DIN (Drug Identification Number)
Physical Distancing where possible
- sneeze guard barrier
- client shown directly into treatment room, to minimize use of common / waiting area
- client arrives no more than 5-10 minutes prior to appointment time
- “x” floor markings to indicate 2 meter distance
Personal Protective Equipment = is our last line of defence, after above and other measures.
- clients are required to wear a mask, unless it is unsafe to do so (health condition, difficulty breathing, etc)
- Therapists are required to wear a mask.
- Therapists are encouraged to wear eye protection. Therapist will use their judgement to decide when it is appropriate, such as treating by the head / face and must be in very close proximity to client’s face.
If you have questions about Van Sports and Physiotherapy Clinic’s COVID-specific Policy and Procedure, our full document is located at the Front Desk. Or please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns you may have.
Thank you. Stay safe and Be Kind.
Van Sports and Physiotherapy Clinic Team
COVID 19 resources
– BC COVID-19 Symptom Self-Assessment Tool : http://bc.thrive.health/covid19/en
– non-medical information about COVID-19. 1-888-COVID19 (1-888-268-4319)
– HealthLinkBC and 8-1-1 for health advice on COVID-19 : http://www.healthlinkbc.ca/health-feature/coronavirus-covid19