Registered Massage Therapists in Vancouver
What is an RMT (Registered Massage Therapist)?
Vancouver RMT’s are hands-on manual therapists. Research shows massage therapy is an effective optimizer of the body’s ability to heal and repair itself. RMT helps with stress reduction and/or pain relief. A Registered Massage Therapist has a solid understanding of the body’s capabilities and limitations. RMT proficiencies include a variety of corrective techniques designed to deal with clinical symptoms, including myofascial release, trigger point release, joint mobilization, and neuromuscular therapy. In a session with a Vancouver RMT, clients can expect an assessment, treatment plan, and home care for rehabilitation maintenance between treatments.
A Registered Massage Therapist is required to successfully complete at least 2 years (2400 hours) at recognized school and a member of a regulatory college (CMTBC). Vancouver RMT’s are trained and complete a competency-based education recognized by the province of British Columbia. RMT’s are governed by the CMTBC to uphold the highest standards under the health professions act to deliver safe and ethical treatment.
What can an RMT help me with?
- Improve sleep – The first step to enhancing your sleeping patterns is making time for yourself. RMT’s will create a personalized treatment plan for you that includes recommendations for at-home care to help you get better sleep. It is crucial that we have a healthy, restful night’s sleep because it is when your body repairs and restores. Increasing deep sleep and restful sleep is essential for healthy bodies.
- Reduce stress & anxiety – We all experience stress in our daily lives, and it’s crucial to deal with it before it causes health problems like poor sleep, headaches, and muscle tightness. In some situations, RMT’s can reduce stress levels after just one session. The key to living a healthy lifestyle is to increase relaxation in order to reduce tension and worry. Long-term health impacts of stress hormones can result in a wide range of unhealthy disorders, emotional and physical tolls on our bodies.
- Increase joint mobility and flexibility – With home care exercises like strengthening and stretching, working with a RMT’s can help you have healthier joints and more flexibility. Each client is given exercises to practise outside of clinic hours to help them learn how to live life active. RMTs can relieve tension and enhance general muscle and joint function by focusing on specific muscle groups, hence preserving their long-term health.
- Improve posture – A significant amount of our daily muscle stress and discomfort can be eliminated by improving posture. The first stage is to become conscious of our body mechanics and how we use our bodies. By working with RMT’s, a client can learn how to better their body mechanics and what muscles they need to stretch, strengthen, and relax while performing daily chores. We spend a lot of time at our office or school desks and when you don’t move it, you lose it. While going to work and school are things we must do, doing them properly is crucial. RMT’s can teach you about the positive effects that performing easy stretches and exercises while at your desk may have on your body.
- Increase blood circulation – By enhancing blood circulation, we can reduce the time it takes for our body to heal after an injury. By boosting blood circulation, it is possible to increase both the oxygen and nutrients needed for muscle repair as well as the flushing out of waste products created by our bodies. With improved blood circulation, we may increase muscle strength, accelerate healing, and carry out other crucial duties for a healthy, injury-free future.
- Improve fitness – By increasing your fitness, you can live a healthy lifestyle and accomplish your life goals. Being more active and taking better care of our bodies will have a long-term effect since we only have one. By reaching and perhaps even going above and beyond our fitness goals, we can enhance our functions later in life. RMT’s can assist you in beginning a workout routine to help you keep fit, mobile, and ideally injury-free.
- Pain management – A person’s quality of life can be negatively impacted by pain, which also makes it more challenging for them to heal from injuries. Using RMT’s to reduce and manage pain is essential to our daily life. There is no universal treatment for pain because it manifests itself differently for various people. RMT’s create individualized treatment plans for each client to offer the greatest path to a pain-free lifestyle. Pain’s effects can prevent us from living the lifestyles we all deserve.